The Hatton Gallery

Client: Newcastle University

The Hatton Gallery was officially opened in 1926 as Newcastle University's public Fine Art Gallery.  At that time it occupied one room and was surrounded by studios.  It is now four large gallery spaces plus smaller rooms for study/teaching, a shop and ancillary accommodation.  These areas span between the 1912 Edward VII building, off the University Old Quad (grade II listed) and a 1960s Shepherd Robson extension.  Our client was Newcastle University, however the gallery is run by the Council through Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums for the public.  It was funded through the Heritage Lottery Fund.  The results of our work are clean and contemporary gallery spaces which draw on the best aspects of its own heritage in the two contrasting architectural styles. 

Pioneers of Pop. Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University. 7 October 2017 - 20 January 2018. Installation view.

Pioneers of Pop. Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University. 7 October 2017 - 20 January 2018. Installation view.

Pioneers of Pop. Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University. 7 October 2017 - 20 January 2018. Installation view.

Pioneers of Pop. Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University. 7 October 2017 - 20 January 2018. Installation view.

Pioneers of Pop. Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University. 7 October 2017 - 20 January 2018. Installation view.

Hatton Gallery, Newcastle University.



Get in touch to see how we can help you

Contact us →